We list the 5 new styles in kurtis online, for a stylish and seriously hot summer.
The summer season is upon us in right earnest! As the mercury zooms upward and the sweltering heat makes you sweat all day, you seek comfort in energising food and drink, and lots of rest in air-conditioned environs. But you still have to step out of doors at some point, whether to go to work or to socialise. And when you do, you need clothing that keeps your skin cool and prevents it from getting clammy with sweat and heat.
Though you want minimum coverage, it’s not always possible to wear tank tops and shorts everywhere – to the office, for instance. So you can pick a really comfortable option for the summer – the unassuming kurti, which goes well with both salwars/churidars and pants. Just pick a variety of kurtis online from your favourite shopping app and scorch the summer right back with your effortless style!
Before you start picking kurtis online, check the 5 hottest new styles this season:
* Sheer delight. The sheer trend is always a tough act to pull off, but not in kurtis as much as it can be in dresses. A new style in kurtis online, sheer kurtis may either have one plain ground colour or it may sport printed motifs. However, the overlaying fabric is a sheer georgette or polyester. Underneath, there is a lining of cotton or a thicker panel of the overlaying fabric. These look best with skinny jeans and wedge heels.
* Sleeves off! It is summer, and what better time to flaunt your toned arms than with a sleeveless kurti? Sleeveless kurtis are in this season, and you can grab some of the freshest colours and cuts in these kurtis online. Whether plain or printed, they look really cool and keep you comfortable even as the heat pounds the rest of the city. For a mid-thigh length sleeveless kurti, a flowy Patiala salwar and a pair of silver chappals are best.
* Block that colour. Colour blocking is a trend that keeps reappearing every year, but mostly in dresses. This year, it’s the turn of the kurti to bask in this style’s high fashion quotient. Pick a hot colour like saffron, blush pink or flaming red, and pair with bottoms in a contrasting colour. A colour block kurti also pairs well with a sleeveless jacket and churidar.
* Tunic or kurti? This one’s a little tricky to figure out at first, owing to its length and silhouette. But it’s a kurti, all right. The latest in tunic style kurtis online is a Mandarin collar and a flowing hem that has a graceful fall. You can even experiment with a sleeveless style, or noodle straps with the flowing silhouette intact. Pair with skinny or straight fit jeans or a pair of pencil cut trousers. Women’s leather boots with laces or a pair of sneakers add a quirky element to this ensemble.
* Say no to symmetry. Symmetry helps you make sense of the world you see, but it can get really boring for a fashionista like you. After all, you don’t like everything to match up equally on every side, do you? And so, you would be right at home in a kurti with an asymmetric hem, the season’s hottest new style. This style lends itself well to both pants and salwars or churidars.